Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chicki on Etsy!


Browsing Etsy the other day, I ran across a very talented polymer clay artist. She makes the most amazing focal pendants!



So, I asked her if I could feature her on my blog, and she said "Yes!" (Click on the pictures to see the actual listings)



Chicki ( http://chicki.etsy.com/ ) is also a member of the Etsy Street team I belong to, PCAGOE (Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy). You can check out their blog at http://www.pcagoe.com/

When did you start to work with clay?

I first bought some clay probably 5 years or so ago and made some very simple beads with it. Since then I took a couple breaks from clay when I had my children. I guess I have been seriously working with it for almost 2 years now and have had it in my etsy shop for just over a year.
What had inspired you to start?

I am always up for a challenge and thought clay would be fun to try. Well, I bought some clay and was hooked. It is such a great medium to work with.

What do you love most about working with clay?

I love the versatility clay has. It can mimic anything you want it to be and it can be used in so many ways...its great! I love the colours and textures that clay can be made into as well. There are so many great artists out there using it in so many ways...that is fantastic!



What is your most favorite creation?

Ok so my biased opinion is all of them! I do love all of my work but have a few that I just cannot part with so I keep them for myself or give them to close family members. Right now though, I really like creating necklaces from my own beads and enhancing them with sterling silver findings and glass beads or crystals.

Do you have any advice for people who are considering working with polymer clays?

There is a wealth of information out there to learn from. My advice to a newbie would be to read and experiment. There are lots of great books out there. Develop your own style and go from there....you never know what you will end up creating. And have fun!

Thanks Julie!



3 comments:

  1. I have some of Chicki's creations, and she has oodles of talent with polymer clay :)
    I heart Chicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this feature--I love discovering new Etsy artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the blog feature Julie! This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete