Sunday, July 19, 2009

First zuchinni and raspberries

On Friday evening my husband had gone out to the garden to do some weeding and noticed that the first zuchinni were ready! We had been watching them very closely over the last week, hoping to catch them at the perfect size. Well, we missed it by a day I guess since there were some big ones (over 8 inches long, 3 inches wide), too long for just slicing and eating but perfect for shredding for winter. He did manage to get 3 that were the perfect size (under 5 inches long and about an inch wide).








I have been eating small handfulls of raspberries for the last week and that night he was able to find about 2 cups full! What a wonderful treat it was. I ate some for a treat that evening and the rest for my Saturday morning breakfast.







No comments:

Post a Comment