Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Friday!!

Finally! It seems like forever since I had a day off of work. While I am very grateful that I have a job, when so many people do not have one, it seems at times as if I never truly get any time to myself. The last few months I have been either working at the clinic or "working" at home trying to get everything done. I have a list a mile long of things that have to be done, and no time to do anything.

My husband put in the garden yesterday since it was raining and he got home at 11am. We have 4 varieties of tomatoes, green peppers, zuchinni (seeds), cucumbers, and this year, leeks! My raspberry jungle is quite out of control (no time to thin this year) and I should have quite the bumper crop. I just hope this year that it is not raining everyday like last year. It seemed that every raspberry had little black spots on them.

Today I have to do the banking, grocery shopping, and take my son's new cell phone in to the store. Apparently even though it is a 3-phone family plan he cannot call me. His phone thinks it's number is mine. He tries to call me and gets his own voice mail. Weird. My husband and I can call each other and him, and he can call my husband. Just not me. And really, that was the whole point of it, since he is now 18 and I want to be able to reach him and vice versa as needed. Sigh

I think today I am also going to try to cut the rest of my bamboo canes into sections. I got half way done last weekend and ran out of time. Plus my dremel gets a bit hot since the bamboo is quite hard. It tends to grab and kick, which loosens the "nut" (sorry do not know the right word) and then it just will not spin. Once I have the sections cut, I will be shaping them and sanding them. Ohhh and drilling the holes, cutting the cords, drilling the holes in the wood circles I hang them from, and so on. Hmmmm...I might get a little caught up in it and forget to go to town! Maybe I had better do all that first.

Here is to a (hopefully) productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment