Thursday, August 27, 2009

Peach Cobbler

Wednesday was another day off of work, so I got up at my regular time (5:30 AM) and was hard at work in the kitchen by 7 AM.





I canned 2 more batches of peaches, made one more batch of peach chutney and made 3 more double batches of peach jam.





Still having some peaches left, I made the boys a peach cobbler for dessert tonight after dinner. I threw in some left over blueberries for the extra little kick.








And I still have peaches left! I think this weekend I will make some peach pies.


Peach Cobbler

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 tsp cinnamon

4 cups slices peaches

1 tsp lemon juice

3 Tbs Margerine (I use butter)

1 cup flour

1 Tbs sugar

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400

Mix the sugar, starch and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in peaches & lemon juice. Heat it to boiling, stirring constantly until it thickens. Boil for 1 minute.

Pour into ungreased 2 quart pan, and keep it hot in the oven.

Mix together in a large bowl the flour, 1 Tbs sugar, baking powder, & salt. Cut in margerine (butter) until it looks like fine crumbs. Mix in milk. Drop by teaspoon into peach mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment